Monday, February 04, 2008

What A Difference A Day Makes

The days off made a difference. I knew I was "out of alignment" and needed to step back and eliminate my anxiety. . . Sometimes I actually have to write myself a permission slip (in my journal) to stop the escalation and just plain stop. Stop doing everything for a moment.

So, like turning the canvas upside down to work on a problematic painting, or turning the cuff on a kaleidoscope, the whole picture looks different, and the working elements are changed. I have an interview on Wednesday for a part-time job evenings in, of all cool things, the fine jewelry department at Macys. This opportunity came along through my sister's neighbor's friend who works there. See???! It's who you know. So get out there and know people. I always wanted an engagement ring. Now I can float gaily among them and revel in their beauty - celebrating those who are buying them. Confirming for me that love is not a lost cause. I will have to practice not crying for joy in front of the customers.




AND - My other sister's husband has a huge account here and said he can get me a job - data entry - okay cool, full time with benefits - right now if I want it. Yes, I want it!!! More cool. Sent him the resume and the interview is in the works. I wondered where the hell he was 3 weeks ago when I needed a job . . . but you know what? I wouldn't have been ready. I was a mess three weeks ago and needed this time to settle in and adjust, taking the first albeit shaky stop on the road to my new life. To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven . . . Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment