Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Rats. Bats.

Inteviewed with Jenn at MERI this morning. Of course, I had this moment of "Cool, I am the only candidate and she's going to hire me immediately so I can get going! It's great that I had Bobby's personal introduction." Idiot. She is interviewing other candidates this week, but hopes to make her decision soon. Would I have earned extra credit if I were a lesbian? Well, I'm not one. Rats. The new sentence of the week seems to be ". . . make the decision soon . . . " and then I get tossed into the round file. That's how I'm feeling anyway. I am taking the day off from job hunting tomorrow.

I stopped and got a sandwich on the way home (with my last few dollars - note to self: print more) at Jim's Deli and there was a help wanted sign in the window. I asked for an application (I was certain they didn't want to see my resume!). I filled it out with a whole new twist. I did include my name, address and phone number, my college education info and my affirmative action/whatever signature. . . however, I did NOT include my job history. I wrote a note instead, similar to "I have over 25 years work experience including being a mom which included preparing and serving food. I am taking care of my sick mom and need a small income. Please interview me. I will do whatever job needs to be done." For references I used my sister, my nephew and my friend Valerie. So there.
So, as I take baseball bat to bean bag - let it be known that I'm having a job hunting anxiety episode and I need some divine intervention.

No comments:

Post a Comment