Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Time for Thanks

It's time for me to thank those friends who have been pillars of strength for me. Those who have been sending me kind words, reminding me about my good qualities and abilities, and generally cheering me on. Thank you for the job leads too. Onward and upward.

For the rest of you . . . and you know who you are . . . I don't know what to say. It is kind of revealing, this job hunting process. It seems to confirm that people are okay associating with other successful people. Those who are down, well, there isn't much of a payoff to be in our circle, is there? I can't offer any job-related favors, get you tickets to anything, give you inside info or take you to lunch.

Bummer. No phone calls from my trip to the career fair yesterday. I feel like I'm in the same circle as that poor homeless man who lived in my favorite archway under the railroad bridge in Wilmington. I was reserving that archway. I had a source for cardboard boxes. I had an interior design plan. Well, maybe he won't mind. It would kind of honor him, wouldn't it? If I'd know he was there, I would have visited him and brought him stuff and talked with him about it all happened.


Anyway, thanks to those who are still with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment