Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Curse on Birmingham!







Didn't get that job either . . .

I did get an email from Gail Andrews, the Director of BMA, that was meant for her assistant who had to respond to my "Have you reached a decision" email. It said: "I guess tell her we don't think we have found the person."


Then I got this formal email from her assistant, Amy Templeton: "Roberta, After a great deal of thought, we have decided that we need to extend our search for Curator of Education. As you and I discussed when you were here, our Education department is at a turning point and trying to find exactly the right fit for our particular needs is challenging but extremely important. Our Board and staff members enjoyed meeting you very much, and did feel you were a stong candidate in many areas. We appreciate your interest in our Museum, and wish you the very best in your search. Amy"


I would much rather have received an email that said "We will never hire you. You were sweating when you arrived because you didn't dress properly for warm Alabama weather. Additionally, the world will end if we don't hire a candidate with a Masters Degree, and you don't have one. We recommend that you stop applying for jobs you are not credentialed for. On a personal note, we would never have hired a Yankee either."

Off to the job fair at the Chase Center on the Riverfront tomorrow. Maybe I can land a secretarial position somewhere? If not, they are now hiring pizza delivery drivers at Pizza Hut just up the street.

Someone, please, just shoot me now. Right now. Or hire me now. Right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment