Monday, January 29, 2007

Oh, The Career Fair!

Well - the best part of the day? I got up and got dressed. Only because Valerie called to meet for lunch. She had such funny stories to tell, I was all psyched to be a real person again, so I went to the Career Fair at the Chase Center at the Riverfront today, armed with 6 copies of my resume. It was chock full of companies looking for telephone customer service people, computer techs, food service workers and sales people of insurance, health plans and wealth management plans. Jeez. I was on an administrative office position mission . . . I did hand my resume to a few companies while asking about openings in their administrative offices. Five companies now have my resume ((can't remember which ones they are)) with the words Admin Office written across the top. Their note, not mine. Perhaps the only event that will come out of this adventure is a visit to Ranstad for basic office skills testing. In a month I'll probably find myself numerically filing employee license plate numbers in a security office . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment