Saturday, March 01, 2008

How Many Times Can One Heart Break?

Ariel just called me to tell me that Nemo died today. He was my soul mate dog. He was almost 14 years old and I knew his time would come this year. That is why I brought him to Rhode Island with me. But that was a decision for me, not for him. It didn't work out well for him. When I brought him home to Delaware, I told him I'd always be with him. Cried and cried, hugged and hugged. I knew he would be happier there and that is where he belonged. He had people and cats there that loved him as much as I did. He loved standing in the cold wind. He loved the snow and nuzzled in it and rolled around and leaped like a dolphin when it was deep. He loved playing with the ferrets. He loved eating cat food. He loved Christmas day and was there laying down in the midde of everything, waiting to open his presents too. He loved going to PetSmart to look around and pick out treats and toys and meet other dogs. He really didn't like other dogs. He was an only dog. He thought he was a lap dog even though he weighed 53 pounds. He loved to scrunch in the middle of people sitting on the couch. He loved riding in the car with his head out the window and the wind in his face. He was cuddly like a small bear. He often slept on the bed with me, with his head on the pillow. I will miss hugging him. He will always be in that place in my heart along with others that I love and miss. I am happy that all dogs go to heaven but I am sad and feeling broken hearted.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about Nemo. I was sorry I didn't get to see you when you came into town, but I understand. I'm sorry that life is treating you this way and many people just don't get it. I'm sorry that your Delaware decision hurt your family members, but it was the right thing and someday they will understand. But this is YOUR someday, and it is only yours. You are an amazing, talented woman and someone will see it personally or professionally. It's coming. Please send your mailing address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 34 Forest View Drive
    Cumberland, RI 02864

    ReplyDelete