Sunday, February 11, 2007

Wash My Illusions Away


"Take me tonight, to the River, and wash my illusions away . . show me the way"

This is a line from a hymn that my daughter sings from time to time, and it is one of those songs that touches a spot inside me. Not only does it make me cry everytime I hear it, it reminds me that I need to get clean and clear about what I want, and what I am asking for.

Oprah did a show about "The Secret" the other day. In essence, the 10 panelists seemed to describe a way of life that was about grace, gratitude, bounty, opening up to a better life, and vibrations. I'm not sure how it all pulls together, but I'm interested. I know that there is no silver bullet, no quick fix. no bed of roses and no pill. I think that my biggest fear is that I will not see the moment I'm supposed to see, the opportunity I should be grabbing, the fortuitous crossroads . . . can that happen? Or will "it"keep presenting itself until I act on it, whatever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment