Monday, February 12, 2007

Mother Has Lung Cancer


My sister Christal called tonight to say that Mother has lung cancer. She wants me to come up to take care of her if she has the surgery to remove the primary tumor. Then there is radiation or chemo and everything that comes with it. I can only think that God has been holding off finding me a job so I'd be available to go to Rhode Island to take care of her. . . I will know more after the lymph node biopsy procedure tomorrow which will indicate how far it has spread - it seems to already be in her lymph nodes and chest wall. I knew it was coming, but I didn't know when. Of course, the first thing Bob said to me was about asking my sister for money to replace the absent income from my job . . . do you think for one moment in his miserable life he could think about someone else? It could be a good thing, for a horrible reason, that I will go away to RI.

No comments:

Post a Comment