Monday, September 13, 2010

First Painting Ever

This is a terrible photo of the first painting I ever did, at Governor's School for the Arts, in 1973. I'm posting this because every time I look at it, it reminds me of 9/11 in New York City.

I watched some 9/11 television on Saturday 9/11 and one of the shows was a collection of raw videos people had taken that day, from all sorts of perspectives. I don't understand how the country pulled together so much after that, and then fell apart again. Of course, I can list 1,000 things that should have happened in the country, that the President and whoever did not do but that is neither here nor there now. What is most sad to me about this? That race relations in America haven't improved much since then. I think ethnic backgrounds and religions are taking a stance in their corners getting ready to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment