Friday, February 26, 2010

Mentally Homeless

Not really. In searching domain names for a potential website, I started typing random words. I discovered that Homelessmentally.com is available. . . .now, that has possibilities, doesn't it? What I am actually working on is a website where I can sell my art. But, I won't do anything until I talk to my friend Jim, who offered to guide me through the process. Maybe I don't really need one. Maybe I should just go to Etsy.com and do it there. That's what Valerie suggested. Two years ago. Did I do it yet?? Ummmm, no. What am I waiting for? This opens up the conversation about fear of success. Inability to produce. That's what happened with the little business Christal and I set up = The Bag Ladies. We did shopping bags made from recycled T-shirts and they were awesome. We sold a ton of them at the few art fests we did. What did I do about this? I freaked out internally because I couldn't imagine myself cutting and decorating T-shirt bags for the rest of my life if we were successful. Christal mentioned to me on the phone today how sad she was that we let it go. This was almost two years ago and we were ahead of the curve. Recycled shopping bags were just becoming a thing. God, I hate myself sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment