Friday, January 19, 2007

Ten Things I Would Take With Me


I've started the list of the 10 things I would take with me. Clothing, hygiene stuff, medicine and my studio stuff don't count. This was launched from a discussion that Valerie and I had about the 10 things you would want in your bag if you had to become a bag lady. That discussion was launched from my idea about having an artist/architect competition to design a cart for homeless people; it would want to include a sleeping place, storage, maybe an awning, maybe a place for cooking, etc. Then I would seek a foundation/corporate grant for creating them. Then I would pass them out to homeless people who needed them.


Anyway. I expected to hear from Birmingham Museum of Art by now. I have had a gut feeling that they are going to defer to their in-house candidate. . . we shall see. Primarily I think it's because I don't have a Masters degree, and I'm a yankee from New England.
How do you know when you've hit rock bottom? Is there a rock bottom?


No comments:

Post a Comment